The Monroeville Interfaith Ministerium has been providing end-of-month meals to local people who are on food stamps at our various churches and places of worship. The end-of-month meal in November at North American Martyrs Parish, Monroeville, was coordinated with the help of two of the NAM Ladies of Charity, Pat Massarelli and Marilyn Colosmo. There were 94 people served. Most of these folks got take-out meals although some stayed at experienced fellowship with each other. We are proud of our churches working together to feed the hungry.
At our December Monroeville Interfaith Ministerium meeting it was decided that we will soon be giving a total of $2,000 that will be divided up among the five following charities:
- St. Vincent de Paul Society (Monroeville/Pitcairn conference) $500.00
- Pittsburgh Presbytery – Lazarus Fund (provides a one-time $200.00 grant to help with past due rent and utility bills), $500.00
- Homeless Children’s Education Fund $400.00
- Univeristy of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine dental care financial assistance proposal, $400.00
- Gateway Teachers’ Treasures hygiene give-a-way (for 37 homeless children who are part of the Gateway School District) $200.00.
It is important that we give back to the community, particularly to those who are poor and downtrodden regardless of race, color or creed. We hope that God is pleased with our giving back to His people. In this season of giving, we hope to set an example so that each of us can be blessings to one another through the blessings that God has poured upon us so generously. We, the members of the Monroeville Interfaith Ministerium, wish you and yours, a very blessed holiday season. Our prayer is that you grow closer to God and to one another in love.“IMG_6357′” by Jordi Payà licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0.